Carla Sanderson’s practice focuses on school district defense, employment, and business litigation. She has a wide range of litigation experience, including developing and executing effective defense strategies throughout all stages of litigation.
Ms. Sanderson received her Bachelor of Commerce degree from McGill University in Quebec, Canada in 2005, with an emphasis in marketing and international business. Prior to her career in law, she worked in marketing for a start-up company developing its online presence, then a national firm supporting the sales team.
In 2009, Ms. Sanderson moved to San Diego from Vancouver, Canada, where she attended California Western School of Law and graduated cum laude. While in law school, Ms. Sanderson participated in the American Association for Justice mock trial competition and was a student member of the Hon. J. Clifford Wallace American Inn of Court. In 2012, Ms. Sanderson was admitted to the California Bar.
Ms. Sanderson is active in the community. She has been involved with Lawyers Club of San Diego since 2010, and has held leadership roles within the organization. Most recently, Ms. Sanderson is the Co-Editor of the Lawyers Club monthly newsletter. In 2016, Ms. Sanderson was selected to receive the C. Hugh Friedman New Lawyer Award for her commitment to advancing Lawyers Club’s mission. She is also currently a member of the Welsh Inn of Court and is involved with Jewish Family Services of San Diego.
- California, 2012
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. cum laude, 2012
- McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Bachelor of Commerce, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Inn of Court, Welsh Chapter, 2015 – present
- San Diego County Bar Association, 2012 – present
- Lawyers Club of San Diego, 2010 – present
Past Employment Positions
- Simpson Delmore Greene, LLP, Legal Intern, 2011-2012; Associate, 2012-2015
- Sage Software, E-Marketing Specialist, 2009
- Vivonet, Marketing Coordinator, 2008
Pro Bono Activities
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Pro Bono Panel Program