Phillip Simpler focuses his practice on defending employers, businesses and school districts in a variety of different types of litigation, including, discrimination, wrongful termination, wage and hour, PAGA, corporate disputes, and personal injury cases. Mr. Simpler has experience litigating cases in both state and federal courts in California.
Mr. Simpler was admitted to the California Bar in 2013. He earned a Juris Doctorate from the University of San Diego School of Law, where he graduated cum laude. He earned a B.A., magna cum laude, from the College of Charleston in economics with a minor is business administration. Before joining TencerSherman in 2016, Mr. Simpler gained valuable experience practicing civil litigation at a firm in downtown San Diego.
Mr. Simpler is active in the San Diego legal community. He is a member of the Lawyer’s Club of San Diego, and served on the annual dinner committee. In 2017, Mr. Simpler served as a member of the Executive Committee of San Diego Bar Association Forum for Emerging Attorneys.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Litigation
- Business Litigation
- California, 2013
- U.S. District Court Southern and Central District of California, 2016
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. cum laude, 2013
- College of Charleston, Charleston, South Carolina
- BS, economics, magna cum laude, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Diego County Bar Association, 2013 – present
- Lawyers Club of San Diego, 2016 – present
- San Diego Forum for Emerging Lawyers, Executive Committee, 2017